DREAM Technical Academy seeks two energetic and self-motivated Paraprofessionals who are interested in providing assistance to students with special needs to ensure that learning is maximized.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to maximize
- Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing
learning based on an understanding of individual students, their needs,
interests, and abilities
- Performs clerical and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff
- Alerts the certified staff to any problem or special information about an
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods and on field trips.
- Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as toileting, and
- When requested, serves as a resource person to the General Education
Intervention Team and/or IEP / Title 1 / ESL Team(s).
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about
students in school environment and community.
- Participates in in-service training programs as approved.
- Maintains safe working environment and encourages colleagues to be
safety minded in the performance of all school-related duties.
- Performs other such duties / assignments as directed by the certified
- Assists as directed by certified staff in the effort to successfully maintain
students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the
IEP / Title 1 / ESL Team(s).
- Knowledge of child development
- Build relationships with students
- Flexible and patient
- A team builder
Required: AA Degree, AS Degree, 2 yrs. of Post-Secondary Education (60 semester credits) or a passing score on Paraprofessional Assessment Test.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to Jaime Larson, Convener at email@example.com For more information, please email or call(320) 444-8209. Positions opened until filled.
DREAM Technical Academy is an equal opportunity employer.